Jobs for Writers: IWOSC Jobline, Writing Work Websites
Jobline, a service that matches writers and employers, is a profitable benefit of IWOSC membership.
Members: It pays to belong to IWOSC. Prospective employers have come to respect IWOSC as a reliable source to meet their writing, editing, proofreading, and photographic needs.
Here’s how it works:
- The IWOSC Jobline Coordinator qualifies the lead and works with the potential employer to develop a job posting.
- Within 24 hours, IWOSC will send out the lead to its current members.
- Members email the Jobline Coordinator to find out contact information for the position.
- Members send a brief statement and/or resume to the potential employer.
- If you receive a job or assignment as a result of a Jobline lead, please let us know.
If you have questions, contact our President, Flo Selfman: floself - at - aol -dot - com.
Prospective employers: IWOSC’s FREE Jobline service can help you meet your temporary or permanent needs for skilled professional writers, editors, proofreaders and photographers.
Here’s how the free service works:
- Send a brief description of your need(s) to Flo Selfman (floself - at - aol -dot - com).
- IWOSC’s Jobline coordinator will work with you to develop a Jobline lead, including job description, position criteria, payment, etc.
- IWOSC will distribute the lead to nearly 300 qualified members.
- IWOSC members who are interested in the position and meet the criteria will send a brief statement and/or a resume, responding directly to you by email.
Other Journalism Job Links
Here are some other journalism job links which IWOSC members might also want to try:
- J-JOBS Archive
This is an archive of J-JOBS, a weekly digest of journalism job postings on the Internet. Many of the listings in J-JOBS are culled from journalism related newsgroups and discussion lists, while others have been sent by media organizations directly to J-JOBS.
- Jobvertise Key Word Search
Punch in the word "writing" or some other key word--and see what you find.
- Media Bistro
Though many of the full-time jobs listed at this journalism site are in New York, there are also some good freelance opportunities here. Upadted frequently.
- Sunoasis Job Listings
Freelance jobs listings are frequently updated.
- Telecommuting Jobs for Writers
All these gigs presumably let you go to work without leaving the comforts of your cramped home office.
- The Write Jobs
This list of national jobs, with an occasional freelance opportunity thrown in, includes the date that each was posted on the Net.
- The Writer's Place
This is an excellent site! There's a searchable database of writer's guidelines for over 600 paying markets. Punch in "travel," for instance, and you'll find listings for several travel-related pubs, including how and where to query, and payment info.
IWOSC™ ~ PO Box 34279, Los Angeles, CA 90034 ~ 310-773-8075 ~ info (at sign) iwosc.org
Copyright 2005-2014 IWOSC. All rights reserved.
IWOSC is a non-profit professional association.
Its for-profit subsidiary, IWOSC Corp., sponsors the job line, directory, & this site.
Site maintained by Deborah Shadovitz; hosting thanks to Matthew A. Gilbert.