SoCal Magazines in Focus: Top Editors Talk Trends
Monday, April 24, 2006
Los Angeles has become a new hotbed for magazine publishing, with new arrivals every month. The top editors from several of these new arrivals – including Ms., V Life, Angeleno and Create – will talk about the Los Angeles magazine scene and opportunities for writers in the pages of their publications. Each editor will describe what the magazine is broadly about, and what kinds of things it does cover and does NOT cover. The editors will tell you how to get their attention, what department is most actively looking for fresh ideas, how to contact them, and will provide a calendar of upcoming topics.
Our panelists included:
- Michele Kort, senior editor of Ms. Magazine.
- PJ Cannon, a contributor to Create Magazine.
- Ted Johnson, Deputy Editor of V Life.
- Alexandria Abramian-Mott, Editor-in-Chief of Angeleno Magazine.
- John Alan Schwartz, editor of The Big Picture.