It’s an Anniversary Party!
Ever since our founding exactly 40 years ago, in November of 1982, IWOSC has prided itself on providing some of the best, most accessible and inclusive, and educational monthly programs for its members, and for the Southern California literary, film, TV, and journalism communities as a whole.
For our final Big Event of 2022, we’re going to try to educate, celebrate, and inspire our members and friends in a different writerly way: by telling our own story of our own diverse journeys, how far we’ve come, and where we hope to be going!
Few of us who were around back then would have dared to dream of the challenges and opportunities that followed in the coming years — or that IWOSC would have survived and thrived to become one of the longest-running LA writers’ orgs alongside PEN and the Guilds.
Amidst the holiday fun and frivolity, we’ll also be featuring:
- Great, never-before-heard stories from the early days
- Campy and colorful photographs and memories.
- Input from the “new kids on the block” who ONLY have 10, 15, or 20 years service under their belts
- Short but heartfelt tributes to “IWOSC Icons” who are gone but never forgotten, like Digby Diehl, Sharon Gilbert, Ron Kenner, Bob Birchard, Lisa-Catherine Cohen, Bob Geddes and Pam Leven, and more…
- Sneak previews of coming attractions and news you can use
- A chance to briefly share your favorite things about being a writer, and what IWOSC might have meant to you.