How to Do Your Own Publicity & Promotion — Successfully!
An IWOSC Saturday Seminar, with “Never Kiss a Frog” Author Marilyn Anderson
Saturday, March 18, 2006
IWOSC is pleased to present comedian, screenwriter, and author Marilyn Anderson’s workshop, “How to Do Your Own Publicity & Promotion —Successfully!”
Anderson is the author of the hilarious and informative “Never Kiss a Frog: A Girl’s Guide to Creatures from the Dating Swamp.” She considered paying gobs of money to several publicists before deciding to do her own publicity — and paying herself much less!
It worked! Through her own PR efforts, Anderson appeared on over 120 radio and TV shows — and was the “Dating, Flirting, and Kissing Coach” on ABC’s “Extreme Makeover.” Articles about her or her book have been in newspapers and magazines throughout the U.S. and Canada, including Teen People, the Rocky Mountain News, the Las Vegas Sun, the Toronto Sun, Bostonia, and LA Splash Magazine. In addition, she has written relationship articles that appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles, and the Santa Monica Mirror, among others.
In this dynamic, informative, and fun-filled seminar, you will learn:
- How publicists work and what kind of fees they charge.
- What you can do yourself — and why it works better.
- Specific ways to get your name, expertise, and projects in the media.
- How to find reporters who will write about you.
- How to get on radio shows — over and over again
- The three most important rules for publicity and promotion.
- Specific places and people to contact to get your name in the news.
Be prepared to get lots of hard facts and information that can get you the publicity you want.