Did you know that 73% of people over age 12 in the US, (approximately 209 million people) listened to online audio over the past month?
It’s not just the under-35 crowd. A significant 52% were adults over 55. Here are some amazing facts about this marketplace.
When asked why they listen to spoken-word audio, monthly listeners cite the following reasons:
- the ability to multitask (71% — the most popular reason)
- it allows them to process information more efficiently (60%)
- they like listening more than reading (56%)
- they need to stay informed (52%)
Among this audience:
- 58% say spoken-word audio is a productive use of their time
- 54% say spoken-word audio engages their mind in a more positive way than other media
- 45% say spoken-word audio is becoming a more important part of their life
Authors face many compelling facts when they consider having an audiobook.
But what does it take?
What does it cost?
How are they produced?
Scott Ellis answers these questions and more!
On Monday, January 16, Scott Ellis will be our guest speaker for the WPN/IWOSC Zoom meeting at 7 pm Pacific. Scott is an audiobook narrator, having narrated over 70 audiobooks. In addition, he has helped many narrators and authors bring their first projects to audio. With a degree in theater and nearly 30 years as an educator teaching Language Arts, Scott is all about performing and teaching. He is pleased to join this group and discuss the ins and outs of audiobook production, plus be a part of helping authors think through all options of putting their stories in audio.
RSVP through the Writers & Publishers Network website (link below). Must RSVP by noon on January 16; the link will be sent at 3 pm that day (Pacific time) https://writersandpublishersnetwork.com/jan-16-scott-ellis-discusses-everything-audiobook/